Skip to main content

There’s no greater satisfaction than a job done well


This is what I’m feeling right now.

Yesterday, exactly at this time in the evening, I was frustrated at a co-worker whose irresponsible behaviour caused a lot of trouble to my boss, who then, knowing well that I wasn’t responsible for it, took out some of his irritation on me. I didn’t react at all to my boss or my co-worker…it was no use…the former would cool down eventually and see that he unnecessarily took it out on me…and the latter would never admit that he was irresponsible and find somebody to blame.

I came to office this morning in a depressed frame of mind…thinking that the sincere one always gets loaded with work and that would happen to me today too, like yesterday. The morning too was a repeat performance of irresponsible behaviour from my co-worker. I plodded on. The boss was out for meetings all morning.

Post-lunch I decided that enough was enough…I had to get out of this frame of mind. So I just started a completely new task for which I am presently receiving training. I spent all afternoon doing it. In the meantime boss came, and as expected, was very sweet to me today :) I felt better energised to do the new task and worked at it relentlessly. I covered a lot of ground today and did the job well.

Later as I sat back to enjoy my well-deserved break, I remembered this line that my grand-father used to say to my cousins, my brother and I… “There’s no greater satisfaction than a job done well” and I felt so pleased :)

I made a mental note of it. Also, here’s one more, very important, reminder to myself: how I feel should be determined by me and my actions and nobody or nothing else.

I am going home this evening with a very light heart knowing that I have done a good job today and that I have managed to bring up my mood myself. :)

Comments

wise words, about how, how you should feel should be determined by you and not someone else. It's so easy to let someone elses attitude or actions affect *our* mood. I'm glad you got yourself into a good frame of mind. I had to do the same thing, though my uplift was a long coffee at my favorite cafe while mindlessly doodling in a sketchbook.
The Wanderer said…
:) Whatever works...I'm glad you were able to get yourself into a better mood. Actually, I have found out that for me too, painting helps. Of course, I'm not a painter...but I spend some time splashing colour on paper and on most occasions, I'm feeling better afterwards :)

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)