Skip to main content

Gratitude and Desire


Work was so hectic today that I had no time to even think of anything to write, leave alone actually writing down something. So I thought I’ll use a prompt provided on NaBloPoMo. So here goes…

Firstly the three things that I am grateful for:

First and most important – My parents. I am so fortunate that I have the parents that I do. They gave me freedom to do what I wanted to but guided me along the way. They are there to appreciate every little accomplishment and to help me get up and get going when I fall down. They are tough with me when I slack and worry for me when I push myself too hard. They are such wonderful individuals…so diverse and thus I have imbibed all that they both possess. A love for the fine arts and a passion for reading. A logical, rational and incisive mind. A compassionate and emotional heart. So much more that I can’t even begin to express. Even at this age I feel so protected because of them. I shall be eternally grateful that these two people are my parents.

Miracles. Yes, you read that right. Miracles. I have experienced miracles – small and big. Some in my daily life, when I didn’t even feel the need for them. Some when I was on the brink of giving up. Miracles make me feel that I am being very well taken care of. So, thank you, whosoever is making miracles happen for me.

Love. I am grateful for there being love in this world. There are so many people and things that I love. And so many people who love me. I can’t describe what I feel love is, but I know that it is the best. I love love and I am very grateful for it.

Actually the prompt said to name three things that one desires. So I mentally scanned a list. There are, of course, several things that I desire. But once I started paring down the list to what I feel is absolutely essential and something that cannot be done without, the list came down to just one single item. So, here is the one thing I yearn for:

Peace of mind. True, lasting, peace of mind. I am your average person who goes through the cycles of feeling happy, sad, angry, depressed etc. But I have, on very few, fleeting, moments, experienced peace of mind. And right now I feel that, that is the ultimate goal for me. I haven’t the faintest idea how I shall attain it, but I’m experimenting. Hopefully some day I’ll get there.

My day hasn’t been very good mentally. So I am feeling so good after doing this post. I needed it today. Also, I’m happy that I picked this prompt (I am not totally sure it is ‘just a coincidence), since it has put things sharply into perspective :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)