Skip to main content

As you sow, so shall you reap :)


Well, I was happy to experience this in the last week…figuratively as well as literally !

The first experience was on Friday. For many many years now, my theatre organisation presents a historical play on the Parvati hill on the death anniversary of Nanasaheb Peshwe. 14th January 2011 is the 250th anniversary of the last battle of Panipat. So this year we presented a play based on this battle. TH wrote the play including the songs, composed the music and directed the play. The format was Song+narration--Scene--Song+narration--Scene. So SP SS and I were the three story-tellers. We sang some and narrated some, and then a scene was enacted by other actors and so on so forth.

I have had no training in singing whatsoever. However I listen to music a lot…and of all kinds. Over the years I have developed a good ear for music. Also, I sing a bit…you know the kind where you sing in a small gathering of close relatives…who will generally praise you no matter how you sing :)

Of course, I’ve been acknowledged as a decent singer by TH. Since TH is the one who has had formal training and also is a composer, it is to be taken as a compliment…also since he is quite a strict judge :)

So with trained singers like SP and SS, here I was, struggling for the first four days to get it. But eventually (= day five = two days before the show) I got it all right. And I sang on stage…with great confidence, without mistakes and with excellent story telling :)

Years and years of listening to a variety of music minutely (and practising songs and imitating singing styles secretly in front of the bathroom mirror) paid off :)

On Sunday A and I went to Aanandi Garden in the morning and were thrilled to bits to see neat rows of cute little plants come up from the seeds that we planted last Saturday :) Then we put in three more hours of work on a big patch and sowed more seeds so that we can have the pleasure of seeing these little ones grow when we go next Saturday.

Ohhh happiness !! To see your long-time wish come true !! To taste the fruits of your labour !! Pure bliss :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)