Skip to main content

In which Mr. Crawly creep-ed out Mr. S !


While laughing at poor DJ’s plight while reading this, I suddenly recalled this incident and laughed even more.


Once upon a time (= a couple of years ago), yours truly was going to Lakshmi Road and got caught in such a horrible traffic jam on Karve Road that even the proverbial ant wouldn’t be able to overtake the vehicles that were practically kissing each other. Yours truly (hereafter referred to as YT), surprisingly, was not at all affected and continued progressing with the traffic at a snail’s pace.


About half way towards Deccan Gymkhana, one Mr. Scooter behind YT started sounding his horn. YT first decided to ignore it thinking that eventually Mr. Scooter (hereafter referred to as Mr. S), would realise that it was impossible for YT to make space and allow him to overtake. However, this was not to be. Mr. S continued honking like crazy and eventually managed to get YT all irritated. YT, sarcastically, gestured for Mr. S to overtake from wherever he could. Neither did Mr. S overtake nor did he stop honking. By this time YT turned right on to the two-wheeler bridge towards Poona Hospital. Mr. S was right behind, honking away. The traffic was just as neck-to-neck as before.


At the Poona Hospital signal, finally, the traffic eased up and Mr. S drew up his vehicle to YT’s side and started gesticulating wildly. Now YT got reaaallly angry, stopped her vehicle and demanded Mr. S to stop too. Mr. S was only too happy to do that. Angrily YT demanded what his problem was and Mr. S pointed to YT’s back and managed to utter just one word, “Lizard !”


For a moment, time froze for YT ! But, YT being what she is, immediately stood with her back to Mr. S and asked him to flick Mr. Crawly away ! Now it was Mr. S’s turn to freeze. But seeing that there was no way YT was going to touch Mr. Crawly or let Mr. S go away without doing the honours, he mustered up sufficient amount of courage and with a swift flick of his wrist that would put even a seasoned batsman to shame, flicked Mr. Crawly away, resulting in some shrieks in the direction Mr. Crawly was flicked :)


Epilogue:
* That night, Mr. S dreamt of huge lizards trying to gulp him down. Whether this incident has left Mr. S emotionally scarred for life is unknown.
* Mr. Crawly settled down with Ms. Crawly and produced many Masters and Misses Crawlies. Today he heads The Academy of Creepy Crawlies and teaches the course “How to terrorize humans”.
* YT survived to tell her tale. She doesn’t have nightmares. She hasn’t written a book about the horror she had to endure. However, she loves to regale all friends (actually, anybody who is willing to listen) with this anecdote that she finds highly amusing.

Comments

Deepak Jeswal said…
Dunno what happened to my prev comment :-(
Hilarious post. Extremely well written. Read it in office on mobile. My colleagues think I've gone mad laughing @ my mobile.
The Wanderer said…
:) Thanks for the compliment DJ ! Glad you found it funny. Strange about the first comment disappearing...another friend's comment too disappeared. Wonder why ?
Seema Smile said…
hahahahaha... too funny

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)