Skip to main content

Keep the faith my dears !


My stomach gets knots and I feel really desperate when I see my dear friends, my loved ones, facing bad situations. I feel terrible when they think they are bound by some things and think they can’t ever get out of the bad situation. I know that this is not true.


And how do I know this ? Because I have “been there and done that”. I have seen an excruciatingly long drawn out terribly hopeless phase. I have been in situations where it was impossible to extricate myself from them. I know exactly how it feels to be in that place. Now those situations and phases are a thing of the past because good things happened to me, I met good people.


I suffered for a long time. Then I got tired of suffering. I decided to believe that good things would happen to me, that I would meet good people. I figured that I was at such a point that it was impossible for the situation to worsen. So what did I have to lose by having some faith ?


Gradually things started changing. At first I couldn’t believe that good things were actually happening to me, I was meeting good people. I would be apprehensive that this was an illusion and that this wouldn’t last. I would wait with bated breath for the good things to turn bad or the good people to go away. Strangely, that never happened. Slowly I started believing that the good things and good people were here to stay. The more I believed, the more it worked for me. I won’t deny that it was a long process and a huge struggle, but more importantly, the tide did turn for me.


So, to all my dear ones facing bad situations, I want to say this:
I may not have been in your particular situation, but I have felt just as confined, restricted, bound and hopeless as you feel right now. Trust me, there is light at the end of this tunnel.


Just keep the faith my dears !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)