Skip to main content

Namaskar ! Hello ! Bonjour ! Welcome to my life :)

Hi. I am trying to get into the habit of writing. Also, they say if you write regularly, you will get better at it. So I am going to try. I have many ideas for stories. But so far I have been too lazy to write them. The speed at which I write is not even a hundredth of the speed of my thoughts. So the mental buffer is constantly jammed and overflows and after a point of time I get fed up of tracking it and trying to keep pace ! So I don't write at all ! I have a couple of half-written stories that I want to complete. So this will be my practice blog. I shall write every weekday. It could be as less as one line, but each weekday I shall write. And what shall I write ? Anything that comes to my mind. Slices of my daily life.

I often wonder how, every few days, one feels very lazy to do anything. Or bored. Or plain tired. Then one feels like or takes a break, goes away somewhere and returns, seemingly refreshed...and this cycle repeats with a certain frequency. So, there is thing that one regularly does. Then there is a second thing that one does when one temporarily breaks away from the regular thing. I don't know why, but I feel that this whole cycle is one thing, not two different things. So this whole cycle seems repititive to me. And it bores me ! I feel stuck. There seems to be no third option...at least to me. All that one can do is vary the second thing. So sometimes one takes a break to do this thing and sometimes that thing and then one returns to the regular thing. At least that is how I presently feel.

I also wonder if people whose passion is also their profession feel the same way...lazy, bored, tired...every once in a while.

On a completely different note, L, my dear colleague and now dear friend too, has taught me to actively look for humour in situations and take each opportunity to have a hearty laugh. She has a quick intelligence and a great sense of humour and most importantly she strives, even in difficult periods of life, to look for the lighter side of life and enjoy it. I have a loud throaty laughter and, in my opinion, a great sense of humour too; but I am intense in my outlook. I need to be reminded every now and then to take it lightly, not "to sweat the small stuff". She is my lighthouse in that respect...and I have never told her that. She keeps me on the "light" track and thanks to her, I laugh more and often.

I sign off today with a quote by Martine Batchelor that I really connected with:

"Wisdom does not mean knowledge but experiential understanding. Wisdom helps you to change radically your habits and perceptions, as you discover the constantly changing, interconnected nature of the whole of existence."

Comments

Anonymous said…
She keeps me on the "light" track...
That's great!
Keep blogging!

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)