Skip to main content

My tiny Bucket List

I received a mail from my cousin about a movie he saw and loved. The movie is called "The Bucket List" starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, the story is something like this:

Two guys who discover that they are terminally ill decide to make the most of their remaining months. This they do by making a 'Bucket List' i.e. a list containing all their unfulfilled dreams, desires and ambitions. One by one and with the help of each other they end up fulfiling all of them, the last one tragically being fulfilled after their death.

My brother was impressed with the movie. It inspired him to create his own bucket list. He thought, why wait till a 'situation' arises ! Why not create and begin fulfilling your own bucket list now ?

Reading that mail, I too was inspired to create mine. I believe that once you state your intention by making your list, you will consciously and sub-conscioulsy start working towards it. You invite your wish to be fulfilled. I also realised that I am prone to going overboard with this bucket-list...I'll put too many items in it and fret over ticking off all the items on the list. So, to begin with, I shall put only the 10 items that I find most important right now. Once an item gets completed, it shall go off the list and a new one shall take its place :)

So here is my bucket list. In no particular order, here are the things I intend to achieve in the near future:
  • Complete reading The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
  • Complete reading The Black Book by Orhan Pamuk
  • Complete reading Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams by Jack Canfield
  • Begin learning how to play the violin
  • Begin learning how to sing
  • Begin learning Bengali
  • Complete translating the book I have begun before 2009 ends
  • Complete one story that I have begun writing
  • Exercise daily
  • Write on this blog everyday
If you find this exercise useful / fun / interesting / inspiring, do create and fulfill your own "bucket list" :)

Comments

EXERCISE DAILY? HAHAHAHA...!!!

Popular posts from this blog

How NOT to compère a function

Recently I attended an awards ceremony. It was a grand function with a huge audience in attendance. Many awards were given and some speeches too. The compère was, unintentionally, terribly funny ! In this function, when the compère announced the first award winner, he announced, “Please welcome on stage Mr. X (pause) married to (pause) wife Mrs. X (pause) from 1977 and successfully (pause) completed 32 years of (pause) married life…” I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard :D Later, the same compère, while telling the audiences about a certain award winner, said, “…he is married (pause) to wife Mrs. Z (pause) and enjoys playing with his (pause) children K and M. His favourite (pause) holiday destination is (pause) the beaches (pronounced as ‘bitches’) of (pause) Goa” I nearly died choking with laughter for this one ! In the 45 minutes that he was on stage he was responsible for much hilarity due to his totally inappropriate commentary. I, of course, laughed my guts out and what c

‘Geographically challenged’

I laughed my guts out while reading this . Then I had another bout of laughter thinking of all the incidents that happen with me. For a long time now I have known that I am, what I like to call, ‘geographically challenged’ :) Situation 1 - If I go inside a building (happens mostly with residential buildings), then after I exit the lift (elevator) or come down the stairs, I cannot quickly locate the gate ! Situation 2 - If I am inside a building, I will routinely point in wrong directions to indicate places outside the building. Situation 3 - I am presently at office. I have come here from home. Now I have to go to some place where I have always gone from home and never from office. What do I do ? I go home first and from there I go to that place. It doesn’t matter if it is a longer distance or takes more time. I have to do this, because simply have no mechanism to re-align my mental map to my present location ! Situation 4 - Another thing is that if I have come to your place in

Love in the rains :)

Heart shaped ditch on a construction site next to our office building ! Closer view of the 'heart' ! You can find love in the most unusual places ! :)